Books That Encourage You to Give, Stand and Lead
Foundation staff and nonprofit leaders recommend their top summer reads for nonprofit employees.
Reading is a great summer activity. Reading that broadens your perspectives on race, leadership and fundraising is even better. Check out the list below of our staff favorites and recommendations from our community on social media.These picks are guaranteed to make you think about racial equity, leadership and philanthropy.
- Decolonizing Wealth: Indigenous Wisdom to Heal Divides and Restore Balance by Edgar Villanueva
- From the Ground Up: Environmental Racism and the Rise of the Environmental Justice Movement by Luke W. Cole and Sheila R. Foster
- What Does Justice Look Like?: The Struggle for Liberation in Homeland by Waziyatawin
To see more racial equity reading ideas, check out our anti-racism resources.
- Charitable Gifts of Noncash Assets by Bryan Clontz
- Responsive Fundraising: The Donor-Centric Framework Helping Today’s Leading Nonprofits Grow by Gabe Cooper and McKenna Bailey
To learn more about what we’re reading or how you can partner with the Foundation, contact our nonprofit endowment team.
Here’s how to make non-cash assets part of your nonprofit’s fundraising plan.Learn More
Gift Planner Beth McCray shares her tips for activating nonprofit board members.Learn More
Beneficiary designations can be a great way for donors to leave a lasting legacy for organizations they love and support.Watch the video