J. C. & L. A. Duke Employees' Assistance Fund
About the Fund
The J. C. & L. A. Duke Employees’ Assistance Fund assists current and retired 3M employees and their families who have experienced a financial hardship as a result of a catastrophic illness or accident.
Grants from the Duke Fund are designed to:
Help recipients achieve self-sufficiency and/or return to the workplace
Provide transitional assistance
Improve the quality of life for the employee and their family
Who Can Apply
The applicant must be:
- An active employee of 3M U.S.A.
- On a leave of absence from 3M U.S.A.
- A person who retired from 3M U.S.A. within five years of the date of application, or who suffers from the effects of a catastrophic accident or illness that occurred within five years of retirement
- An immediate family member applying in the name of a 3M U.S.A. employee who has died within the last five years, or
- An individual applying on behalf of a 3M U.S.A. employee who is unable to apply on their own behalf because of physical or mental incapacity. If an application is submitted on behalf of a living 3M U.S.A. employee, it must be authorized in writing by the applicant or their guardian
The applicant must have experienced a combination of the following factors:
- Financial hardship as a result of a catastrophic illness or accident
- Lack or depletion of benefits available through the 3M Benefit Plan, personal benefit plans and/or other resources
- In addition, the applicant must be able to demonstrate that a grant will substantially assist them in overcoming all or a portion of the adversity. Awards will be made without regard to race, creed, color, gender, individual marital status, religion or national origin