The Saint Paul & Minnesota Foundation supports local, volunteer-led community foundations across the state of Minnesota.
Every year, supported by our Community Affiliates program, these foundations grant thousands of dollars into their local communities. Community members drive the grantmaking process at each foundation, and their fundraising and outreach efforts help build permanent funds to invest in their region for years to come.
Our Community Affiliates
Providing local leaders with the tools and resources they need to fulfill their community’s vision is another way the Foundation invests in community-led solutions. Volunteers, board members and donors for our statewide affiliates are best placed to understand and meet the pressing needs of their neighbors.
We are proud to provide supportive services to 17 affiliates:
- Chisholm Community Foundation
- Five Star Community Foundation
- Freeborn County Communities Foundation
- Hibbing Foundation
- Martin County Area Foundation
- Martin County Youth Foundation
- New Ulm Area Foundation
- Saint Anthony Park Community Foundation
- Saint Louis Park Public Schools Foundation
- Shakopee Educational Endowment Foundation (SEEF)
- Shoreview Community Foundation
- Springfield Area Foundation
- Vadnais Heights Area Community Foundation
- Waseca Area Foundation
- Wayzata Education Foundation
- Women in Northfield Giving Support (WINGS)
- Zumbrota Community Trust
Partners & Service Providers
Our Community Affiliates team provides expertise and resources in the following areas:
Our team provides exceptional back-end operations and support for local Community Affiliates and affiliated fundholders with services like gift processing, grantmaking, event support and accounting.
Consulting and Training
Our team offers expertise to local community affiliate boards around board engagement, fund development, grantmaking, community outreach and special projects. We specialize in delivering community-relevant trainings responsive to local needs and audiences.
Program-wide Learning and Development
The Community Affiliates team creates opportunities for all affiliates to benefit from shared experiences, best practices and new learnings through statewide gatherings, regional insider briefings and leadership development programs.